Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Cue the theme music from "Twlight Zone"

"jJim McLaughlin" wrote in message
Colbyt wrote:
"jJim McLaughlin" wrote in message
. ..

Cue the "Twilight Zone" theme:

"Dee, dee dee dee, Dee dee dee dee......"

I think the machine is afraid of you guys......

Since you are a regular here you should understand why the machine should
be afraid of this bunch.

True. G

I'm thinking it is an electrical problem, probably with the soleoid
valve
on the water line. I've learned that there is a dual pair of solenoid
valves
buried somewhere in the guts, that both valves are fed from the water
line
that comes in from the wall, and that one of the pair feeds the ice maker
(which works fine) and the second of the pair feeds the cold water
dispenser.

I did not see your initial post.

On most units those two valves are at the back of the unit at the bottom.
Usually near where the water line enters the unit. The two valves are
identical. You could switch them for a test.

At the time that I had a problem where I got water and no water to the ice
maker, the problem was within the icemaker. After some research in this
group and other places, I concluded buying an entire new unit was the best
course of action as repairs are usually not worth the time and effort..

Shopping online by model number of the fridge, I found that there was only a
few $ (less than $5) difference between the cost of a kit which included 2
new valves and the cost of just the icemaker. I spent less than $100
delivered for the kit. I installed the icemaker and have the two valves in
the basement for backup.

Google or froogle for icemaker+(brandname)+(model#). Insert your brand and
model, delete the () and use the +signs.

Colbyt