Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
scutt scutt is offline

Default Etching

DoN. Nichols wrote:
According to scutt :
Joseph Gwinn wrote:

[ ... ]

Resist: Bees wax or the tarry stuff used to paint cut surfaces where
tree limbs once attached.

Etchant: Ferric Chloride

[ ... ]

Thanks . I don't know of any electronic supply places any where near me
but I will start checking tomorrow . Would there be much difference
between this and hydrochloric acid ?

Well ... the FeCL (Ferric Chloride) is less hazardous, but it is
a nasty yellow stain on anything that it gets on.

Don't use *either* inside your shop. Both produce vapors which
will rust things like mad (which is what you are doing through the
beeswax resist anyway. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

I had always intended on this being an outside operation .
Ken Cutt