Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Need tips on single point threading

Randy Replogle wrote:

Wes wrote:
Well, it is once again time for me to use an engine lathe to single point
thread. It seems to be something I do every couple years so I've never
realy mastered it.

Maybe buy a friend a beer to do it then and don't bother to learn,
unless you really want to.
Randy

Well, the lathe that works is at work. My friends near by don't have
lathes. I'm gonna do it but I figured I'd draw on the wisdom of the group
for any ideas to improve my chances.

The whole point of aquiring the lathe was to be able to build stuff. Screws
are high on the list. As soon as I get it going, I want to make a new cross
feed screw for my bridgeport but that is questions for another time....

Wes