Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Here come the HIPs

One rough landing I had illustrates it nicely : one of the engines
flamed-out when we were just coming into land, leaving the pilots with
insufficient power to maintain a hover let alone decelerate from the
descent.

Pardon me sounding curious and perhaps not that knowledgeable re rotary
wing, but this the one remaining engine not having sufficient power to
hover even and effectively being useless in this instance, why do they
have twins if you can't do that then or is it the one engine can make
the descent tolerable but isn't that what auto rotation is for?...
--
Tony Sayer