Posted to alt.home.repair
Not@home Not@home is offline

Default Will pay someone to put #12 grommet in for me...

aemeijers wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a fabric camera case I am going to use to house an XM satellite
radio.

I actually need someone (for a reasonable fee) to take 2 of the cases
I have and put 2 grommets in each case. I need the inside diameter of
the grommet to be 1 3/4 - 2 inches.
The OD total diameter needs to be 3 inches. One grommet is on the
flap of the case. The other needs to go inside the case. Therefore a
hand kit or deep throated press (perhaps can accommodate 3 inches
would work.

In looking at presses and such, it is too expensive for my one time
need.

Sure I can find a kit for 1/2 inch grommet (#4) and have used such in
past. But there is no inexpensive #12 type kit.

This is why perhaps it is better I just send someone the cases and pay
a fee of perhaps $50

Your nearest tent and awning company should be able to help you out. That
sounds about like the size I see used for the pole holes in the portable sun
shades and such I see used at fairs and car dealer parking lot sales. If
they don't make/repair their own stock, they can point you to who they use.

aem sends....

A sailmaker would likely be able to do this, also.