Posted to uk.d-i-y
jonjo jonjo is offline

Default Laying Laminate Flooring

On Sun, 2 Sep 2007 17:13:49 +0100, "Roger Mills"

jonjo wrote:

I have a solid floor with the old type hard composition Marley tiles
on top.
Is it necessary to put a polythene damp proofing membrane down before
laying insulation material & then the planks etc. ?

Thanks for any help

It's probably not strictly necessary, but it won't do any harm - and will
stop any condensation from getting to the laminate. You can get underlay
which has a damp-proof membrane and a thin layer of foam combined, and is
easier to use than the separate stuff.

This stuff would probably be better as I think you have to put dpm up
wall under skirting and I don't really want to be arsed with removing
skirting etc.