Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.solar.thermal,alt.home.repair,sci.engr.heat-vent-ac
[email protected] dances_with_barkadas@yahoo.com is offline

Default Radiator questions

Yes. Active service naval ships use cathodic protection with zinc anodes
that have to be replaced every year or two.

I'm in active service in the Dept of the Navy as a shipriding Marine
Engineer. I live in a world where we pay a lot of attention to the
things that really could end up being showstoppers or inspection-
passing obstacles; and usually don't have any time left for the
theoretical niceties. I'm not qualified to discuss the theoretical
utility of active cathodic-protection systems; I can report that I've
never seen a Chief Engineer direct an underling to pay attention to
the cathodic protection system.

Magnetic Silencing seems to fall into the same category. I guess that
will change the first time the Iranians use a torpedo against us.