Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] captainvideo462002@yahoo.com is offline

Default Sony TV model KV-24FV10 set from hell

On Aug 31, 1:37 pm, Andy Cuffe wrote:
On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 05:21:38 -0400, "Jerry G."

wrote:
I have a feeling that when he does that, the horizontal out put will go up
in smoke! Sometimes this relay cycles, because there are no drive pulses
getting to the horizontal and or vertical output stages. There are many
things that can stop the drive pulses.

I've never seen a Sony damaged from lack of horizontal drive (except
when it loses it intermittently while it's running). If it does blow
the HOT, at least he'll know where to look next rather than wasting
more time on the power supply.
Andy Cuffe

I tried first putting a 100W bulb across the relay. (I was also afraid
of smoking the HOT), but it just barely lit with each click. so at
least nothing is shorted. Then I jumped it with a clip lead. Still
nothing. Difficult to tell why there is apparently no drive. Maybe I
should give up on this one. Sucks to give up though. Thanks for
everyones advice. Lenny.