Posted to rec.woodworking
beatbox beatbox is offline

Default Beginner - making accurate 90 degree cuts by hand

On Aug 17, 9:29 pm, Patriarch wrote:
wrote in news:1187356905.250738.95140@
22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:

snip

I have a handheld router, but I thought I would need to invest in a
router table to do this. I'll look into the options.

A decent router table can be made, for at least many uses, from a piece of
good, flat plywood. Drill a hole large enough for the bit, and screw the
router to the ply, with the bit extended through. Set it on sawhorses, a
Workmate, or screw it to a workbench...

Lots of the kitchen cabinet folks use such tables in the field all the
time. Upside: cheap, portable, quick to make. Downside: chip collection.

A fence can be as simple as a straight piece of stock clamped where it
needs to be.

I've done this with a Porter Cable 69x series router, and it works well.

back to your regular programming

Patriarch

Thanks,
I think I will try this at some point.