Posted to cam.misc,comp.os.linux.misc,comp.sys.mac.system,uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Question: Registry Edit Programs

In article , Bob Eager
scribeth thus
On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 19:46:52 UTC, "Eric P. Peterson"
wrote:

For these purposes, I'm checking out alternatives to M$ apps that can
read and write M$ formats. If and when the time comes, I'll be
interested to learn if it's more performance-effective to run some
versions of Windows on a Mac (the very thought turns my stomach!), or to
simply keep a PC system around. If the latter, I'd probably prefer to
build it from the ground up.

The problem is the apps that only run on Windows, such as the stuff I
use to load my Zen V, and the stuff with my wife's camera, and my son's
diabetes monitor.

So, yes, I built a small PC. NIce compact black case, 64 x 295 x 288.
Min keyboard of similar width, 15 inch LCD. monitor. Unobtrusive, quiet
(motherboard is fanless)

Which motherboard is that please?...

and we keep it in the living room. Uses about
20 watts. Runs XP, and gets used when we have to.

--
Tony Sayer