Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] esie@inter.nl.net is offline

Default TV problem: zebra-like pattern in DVD/ VCR playback

On 1 sep, 17:13, Adrian C wrote:
wrote:
Hi

since a few days I have a problem with my TV set.

With DVD or VHS playback in dark scenes there are stationary zebra-
like patterns of dark and light grey in B&W along the vertical sides
of the screen. In colour only the dark stripes are visible. No such
problems when watching tv.

The DVD is connected to the tv with an S-VHS connector, the VCR with a
SCART cable. The tv antenna is plugged into the TV set (coax,
circumventing the VCR). The TV has a second S-VHS terminal but this
shows the same problem. This makes me think the problem lies with the
TV.

Anyone an idea what causes this and if it can be repaired ? The TV is
a 17 year old Panasonic CRT.

Try disconnecting the tv antenna, does the pattern observed with VCR/DVD
go away?

--
Adrian C

Hi all

I tried your suggestion this morning but the patterns were gone, the
TV is functioning properly again. I have had some problems with mains
pollution in the past that affected my stereo, it's the only thing I
can think of that can explain this.

Thanks for your efforts
Bernard