Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
carl mciver carl mciver is offline

Default Barbeque Plans

"oldjag" wrote in message
s.com...
Rather than totally reinvent the wheel, has anyone seen any online
plans or photos for a decent barbeque? I'm thinking along the lines
of a compressed air tank split on it's long axis, and actually more of
a grill rather than a smoker/cooker. I need something with about two
to three times the area of a large round Weber.

My neighbor when I was growing up would get some castoff steel bathtubs
(the factory stopped setting bad ones out, so that particular source left)
and make very nice barbeques out of two of them. The flat face would get
moved to a work surface, and the drain and overflow holes became cleanout
and exhaust. Assorted shelves would be added, and you could add a smoker
section to it if you wanted.
The ceramic coating of the tubs lasted longer than the rest of the
bathtub frame, so durability was never an issue.