Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default top of door ball bearing spring

I don't know what they are called but lowes and home depot sells them.

There are 2 qualities.... junk and decent ones. My builder put in junk.

You can recognize junk because the height adjustment also affects the
spring pressure which is stupid.

Look for the ones where when you adjust the height the spring pressure
doesn't change. Hard to explain but you will see the difference if you find
them. The junk were generic brand from China, the others were a real name
brand of some sort. They fit in the same holes.

The reason the spring pressure issue is important is that if you need the
cheap ones adjusted low the spring is completely compacted and is unhappy
and evenutually breaks the door stop.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I don't know what this is but wondering if anybody knows.

At the top of my closet doors on each door there is a ball bearing
that keeps the door shut
when you close it. Below the ball bearing in the door is a spring.

Does anybody know what this is called and where I can get a
replacement.