Posted to alt.home.repair
stratford1 stratford1 is offline

Default Best way to prep and paint and exterior cement stairwell?

Hey folks,
I have an exterior stairwell on my 1940's house that decends to the
basement. Its all cement stairs with a small cement landing at the
bottom with a drain, then boxed in with cement blocks. It needs a
paint job bad. My question is 2 fold... 1) What's the best kind of
paint to put on something like this so the paint will last a long
time? (Also are there options out there that might be somewhat
washable?) 2) What's the best way to prep this stairwell so that the
paint sticks? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!