Posted to rec.woodworking
Peter Huebner Peter Huebner is offline

Default nail gun fun?

In article ,
says...

Thanks for the reminder that nailgun safeties are far from foolproof,
and they can cause some big injuries. Especially to the hand holding the
wood, and (for some reason) to the thigh and knee. I'm not quite sure
how you get hit in the head, but I'm sure people find ways.

David S.

Yupp. The ones capable of 'bump nailing' are much more dangerous than the other
kind (forget what it's called). My Senco is the 'other kind' and if you have
the trigger touched while you depress the safety it absolutely won't fire.

Which prevents the kind of scenario: get down to nail something on the ground -
lose your balance - fingers involuntarily grip the nailgun - touch [bodypart]
with the safety, depressing it. Oops.

I've used a 'bump gun' and I found it quite scary.

-P.