Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc,comp.os.linux.misc,comp.sys.mac.system
Neal Reid Neal Reid is offline

Default Question: Registry Edit Programs

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Stuart Noble wrote:

Going with a Mac is like going with a high class call girl. People
admire you and you can take it anywhere, It costs a fortune, looks
great, and it reeks of luxury, but there's a lot of things it refuses to
do at all. And most things cost extra. You still can't take most of its
clothes off.

Going with Linux is like getting married. After the initial excitement
wears off, you realise that although its now free, there are still
things it won't do, although with years of steady relationship ahead,
with cosseting and coaxing, there is always the chance that you can make
it. The style is a shade plain, but eventually you realise it does most
of what you *need*, and although, like marriage, it doesn't come with a
manual,

Can you please relate these 2 paras for me? Last I dug into
Darwin, fink, et al, I couldn't do with my Mac box that I could do
with my linux boxes.

I content that Mac OS X is the nicest front end to a linux box
available. As a long time UNIX admin, I find a number of things
added and nothing missing ... (And before I get flamed, let me
emphasize I'm talking function, not form. It took me a while, for
example to get it clear where /etc files were still needed and
where Netinfo files had replaced them)

--
M for N in address to mail reply