Posted to alt.home.repair
Ferd Farkel Ferd Farkel is offline

Default Number of junction boxes per run

On Aug 31, 11:01 pm, "Don Young" wrote:
"Steve Barker LT" wrote in messagenews:cISdnXV8rMeQH0rbnZ2dnUVZ_tmhnZ2d@gigan ews.com...

but ajunctionis not a device.

"James Culbertson" wrote in message

"Ferd Farkel" wrote in message
roups.com...
Upgrading cellar lighting from pull chain incandescents to plug in
fluorescents. 12/2 Romex. How manyjunctionboxes (and hence
connections) can I safely place along the main run? I assume
twisted and wirenut secured connections will develop resistance
from oxidation.

My jurisdiction limits the number of "devices" per circuit to 10.
Better check your local laws as your's may vary.
Cheers,
cc

If there are lots ofjunctionboxes the inspector may not feel that the job
was done in a workmanlike manner. A circuit rarely has even onejunction
box, other than the ones the devices are in.

KISS.

I'd rather use a nice, roomy 1900 box for hooking up
branches than an outlet box. Easier to cram wire nuts
into, plus I've already got them.