Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
xmradio xmradio is offline

Default router with endmill on steel

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 1, 4:31 pm, mark
wrote:
Could you use a router at slow speed with a small
1/4" endmill on
steel or aluminum taking very light cuts with
coolant? How about a
1/4" spiral up carbide woodworking bit?

Mark,
This is definitely an interesting concept!
I feel that what you are trying to achieve is to make
an impression
onto an aluminium flat sheet?
Would it be a better idea to get the top (Thinner)
sheet cut by laser,
and then layer this on top of a solid sheet of
aluminium, thereby,
giving the effect of indenting the top sheet with the
pattern you
require?
Just a thought.
Best regards,
Anthony.

I have used my rotozip on aluminum. Hogged out some
mounting holes, 3/8 alum plate, so it fit my enco
sander table...the table would not fit to the sander,
holes where about 1/8 off.

Could have shipped it back to enco, but fix was fast
and easy...

xman