Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] marc.britten@gmail.com is offline

Default Do I need a timer on my spot welder?

On Aug 31, 6:45 pm, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
RoyJ wrote:

When you get to thicker stock or weld nuts, you will want to have a
pulsed sequence that allows proper heat flow in the weld area. When you
buy the weld nuts, the manufacturer will specify a recommended sequence.

Though I don't know what a weld nut is, I probably won't be using them.
The welder is really for sheet no thicker than 18 ga, 16 maybe.
Thicker than that will be MIG time, or stick.

Weld nuts are pretty much what they sound like. There nuts that are
designed to be welded onto sheet metal to create attachment points.
The ones I've seen are round (cheaper to form) with 2 points that
stick out to assist in alignment (the sheet metal will have dimples
stamped into it).