Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington David Billington is offline

Default Woo hoo - made an awesome test weld with the almost-complete spot welder

Jeff R. wrote:

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message

After trying a couple of piece=of-cake welds, I thought I'd push the
envelope and tried it on 2 pieces of 1/8" mild steel. It had to let it
cook a while, but it was a perfect weld, as far as I can tell (peel test).
I don't think that I need to try for anything thicker 8-)

http://home.comcast.net/~bobengelhardt/weld.jpg

Bob

Holy Hannah!
What a beauty!

Did the lights in your house go dim during the weld?

Never had a problem with the lights with either of my spot welders the
larger being 2kVa but I run them of a 230V 30A supply. I've learned not
to wear my analogue electronic watch at the same time though as it
causes it to alter its time quite dramatically, never done any permament
damage as far as I can tell though.

--
Jeff R.