Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default foot repair?

Rudy wrote:
I have some plantar warts being treated by a doctor, a nickel-size blister
formed and is violently painful to touch. This makes it difficult to wear
socks or shoes. Even sleeping requires special care to prevent it from
touching a blanket or the bed.

What you re looking for is called a foot "orthotic" or "night splint

See link..

http://www.ankleshop.com/products.asp?cat=404

Something like that with a hole cut in it so as to not touch the afflicted
area..

AHR is a great place to get advice, but for the OP's problem, I still
lean toward someone with a license in the health fields. An orthotic is
definitely NOT what he needs. Night splints are pretty good for carpal
tunnel, but not of great relief for an acutely painful plantar wart or
whatever is going on down there. The OP sounds like he has an infection
and ought to see the doc yesterday.