Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Brad Brad is offline

Default UPDATE: Toshiba TV model 27A62 Won't Turn On (repaired)

Hi,

I bought the SM and found the cause of the problem (see below).
C531, 470UF 25V 85 deg. was low in capacitance. I replaced it with
a 105 deg. type. This capacitor (8.9V filter) is on the secondary
side of the SMPS transformer which affects the V. regulator feedback
circuit.

I will always post an "Update" if I fix a TV, etc. in appreciation to
everyone for your help in the past.

Brad

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 18:53:48 GMT, in sci.electronics.repair you wrote:

I have a Toshiba TV model 27A62 (mfg. 01/03) in my shop (no SM).

The customer said, she had trouble getting the TV to go on which became
worse over time. Now, the TV won't go on, but you hear the relay click,
and it will click again after a few seconds, and keep doing that until you
unplug the power cord.

I measured the regulated B+ which was around 159V (too high). I turned down
the B+ adjust pot., but that had no effect (same voltage). I performed
tests including soldering joints that needed it. If you had a similar
experience with this model, what was the cause?

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.