Posted to alt.home.repair
jJim McLaughlin jJim McLaughlin is offline

Default Amana refg Model SSD22NBW - N/A cold water dispensor problem

Comments in line

Jerry wrote:
On Aug 31, 3:07 pm, jJim McLaughlin
wrote:
SNIP HAPPENS

That sounds like more of an electrical problem than a plumbing
problem. When it's in ice mode and the lever is pushed, does the ice
always dispense reliably? If so, the lever switch is probably OK.

Two different levers. One for ice, has a selector fo cubes r crushed,
always works fine.

DSecond lever, about 3 - 4 inches to right of ice lever, for water only.

The
next thing to suspect would be the valve that dispenses the water in
the door - might have a loose, intermittent connection there, or the
valve could be failing. Don't know how you would check that without
getting into the door. Never had mine open, so can't help you there.

Yeah. Iv'e never opened up the guts of the door, either, and don't
really see a
readilt accessible way to do that.

The other possibility that occurs to me, usually the water for the
dispenser runs through a holding tank in the refrigerator section,
keeps the water cold. If the fridge section is too cold near the
holding tank, it might be possible that the dispenser water is frozen.
Check your fridge temperature setting.

I'll look at that.

Thanks for the hint.

Now if you had asked about changing a POS icemaker in my previous
fridge, the POS Amana 26 CF side-by-side, now deceased, no problem. I
was on my 4th icemaker when that fridge died after only 9 years.

Jerry