Posted to sci.electronics.repair
R Kannan R Kannan is offline

Default How does touch

Sam Goldwasser wrote:
First just try cleaning the underside of the rubber buttons and the
circuit board pattern. All they do is connect to two interleaved patterns
together.

There are all sorts of ways of restoring these. Some work better than
others. But for 3 or 4 buttons on an exercise bike, replacing them with
pushbutton switches may be most straightforward.

I tried cleaning the circuitboard and shorting the two interweaving patterns
(using a metallic contact) of some of the buttons but it did not produce
the effect of pushing the buttons. Does that mean the circuitboard is
defective and so irreparable? I want to make sure that the circuitboard
works fine before I try replacing the rubber buttons with pushbutton
switches.

Thanks