Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Now about these buffing wheels

I have got my little paws on some nice black walnut and I have been
considering buying the Beale (or some other) set of buffing wheels but
am unsure of when to use. My bowl making procedure when I have a
REALLY NICE piece of wood is:

Turn to shape.
Sand to around 240 to 320.
Watco Danish oil (or not)
Wet sand with 320 and some Watco. Let dry.
Wet sand with 400 and some Watco. Let dry.
Wet sand with 500 and some Watco. Let dry.
Apply shellac.

When the wood is somewhat less than ideal, I sand to 320, oil, let dry
and then shellac.
I am guessing that the buffing would not come in until after all
sanding is complete (duh!) but before the shellac. Comments
appreciated.