Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Pneumatic planishing hammer

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 17:47:15 +0100, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Andrew Mawson" quickly quoth:

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
I am thinking of adding one of the above to my collection of toys.

Here is
the HF link.

Does this tool do anything more than a $10 air hammer mounted on a

frame
with a foot control? I do understand that I would have to buy some

anvils,
and, by the time I am done with the fabricating won't save any

money.
However, just wondering.

Rather doubtful, Ivan.

Don't forget to price in ear defenders, unlike the chap demonstrating
the harbour freight one !

I noticed that and the fact that the short-pistoned hammer has a 2+
inch gap while doing his planishing work. That was absolutely a staged
photo-op and there's no way that guy would need ear protection in that
config.

---
Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing.
This is the ultimate.
--Chuang-tzu (369 BC - 286 BC)