Posted to alt.home.repair
James[_7_] James[_7_] is offline

Default foot repair?

I have some plantar warts being treated by a doctor, a nickel-size blister
formed and is violently painful to touch. This makes it difficult to wear
socks or shoes. Even sleeping requires special care to prevent it from
touching a blanket or the bed.

Bandaging would not help because touching the outside of the bandage is just
as bad as touching it directly. I need something rigid to shield the
sensitive area so that it cannot be touched directly or indirectly.

Can anyone think of something I can buy somewhere (hardware store,
drugstore, craft store...) that is half dome shape with a wide base -- like
a full brim hard hat shrunk down to about 2-3 inch diameter? It would be
even better if it is transparent so I can center it properly when taping it.

I posted to sci.med but I may not get an answer from that ng. Since people
in this ng are better at improvising, perhaps someone could think of a
solution.