Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen Dan Espen is offline

Default WEEPING WILLOW TREE ROOT

(Ron in NY) writes:

Hi all,

I have a giant weeping willow tree in my backyard near my shed. One of the
roots has grown under the shed, and is starting to lift the shed structure.
Short of digging under and around the root and cutting it with a chain saw, how
can I stop this 1 root from continuing to grow ??? It's about 12" in diameter.
I don't want to kill the tree, just this 1 root.

Careful. Willows fall over without a lot of provocation.
At least they did for me.

If you cut that root, you may increase the chances the tree will go.

Take the whole tree down or move the shed.