Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Itty bitty lathe

Fri, Aug 31, 2007, 8:31am (EDT-1) er (Kate) doth
burble:
Oh hush now, play nice.

Hmm, let me see now. On the 19th you ask for some info on lathes,
and I quite, in part:
"On the ABPW group it was suggested that a mini lathe might be made from
a sewing machine motor with a foot pedal control. Do any of you have an
idea how something like that could be made, or perhaps a link to a
layout?

I thereupon proceeded to provide you a link with 170,000 hits
regarding homemade lathe plans. For that, I get told to hush. And to
play nice.

Not that I was expecting a gush of gratitude, but given a response
like yours, if I were you I wouldn't count on a flood of assistance from
me in the future. And, to show that I do play nice, here's a blessing
upon you and your house - may the Woodworking Gods **** in your wood
glue. You have a nice next life.

I'll give you a tip, and no thanks needed. Next time someone is
doing something to help you, don't tell them to hush.

JOAT
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new
humiliations?
- Peter Egan