Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc,comp.os.linux.misc,comp.sys.mac.system
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Question: Registry Edit Programs

In article , Robert Harvey
scribeth thus
On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 16:02:35 +0000, Eric P. Peterson wrote:
(Who still believes WIN NT4 SP5 was the best OS that M$ ever produced)

In the sense of "least worst", I suppose.
W2K was quite reliable.

So it is!, we use that in a lot of locations for Radio station hard disk
playout, up for thousands of hours!...

Which is a good thing 'cos the US navy runs
warships on it. I still worry about whether it was reliable enough.

I unforget seeing a missile targetting system, built with Ferranti's
silicon on Sapphire chips, which ran a small multi-tasking kernel based on
BSD *nix. The uptime when the ship came in for refit was 1200 days. The
vessel had taken commission 1190 days before.

--
Tony Sayer
..