Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

Default bearcat scanner memory battery life?

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 22:13:07 -0700 "Lynn Coffelt"
wrote in Message id: :

Case in point. Uniden Bearcat BC890XL's memory battery life just a
couple of weeks.
I've run into situations like this with other equipment in the past,
and there was always a "fix" or mod.
Looking everywhere that I can, I've seen no problems mentioned with
this particular scanner.
Has anyone heard of this one, or better yet, got a mod or fix?
Lynn

Some scanners use a supercap to retain settings, I know mine did. In my
case, (a older Realistic) It would only retain the settings for 3 or 4
days. I opened up the unit and found a .15F cap, and replaced it with a
1.5F cap - now it lasts for several weeks at least.