Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G. Jerry G. is offline

Default Repair Qs 50 Years from Now

I was reading some articles, and have seen some documentation about how TV
will be an HD 3D projected image in the air. It will be like what we see in
the science fiction movies. There is a lot of research going on to develop
this type of technology. This way, TV will be viewed without any surface to
support reflected light. Images will look true and 3D. This should be a
verify good illusion when they can get it to work.

--

Jerry G.
======

wrote in message
ups.com...
Jerry, that is a very good point.

I now work for two ASCs, and the idea is to share resources. I am not
really into working for ISCs anymore. But still I have seen sets under
a year old. I know where we are heading. And I know why. Intergrated
micros and jungle ICs reduce the complexity or the circuit board,
which they promptly miniturize a bit more and the process continues.

Everyone, I am a forward thinker, and the OP's question was about
fifty years from now. I will now render my answer, with detail,
because that's the way I am. This could happen in way less than fifty
years. The technology exists now for the most part, but this is so
data processing intensive that I don't think they can accomplish it
today.

In the future they will have a 3D flat screen TV. You know those
mirrors with the lights that look like they go off into infinity ? It
has one half silvered mirror and one full silvered mirror. It tricks
your depth perception. It looks like there is a hole in the wall
behind it and like a mirrored tunnel lined with lights.

By using LCD panels that are partially reflective, and sandwiching a
bunch of them together, even interpreting the data will be a task, but
by careful selection of what is sent to each panel they can give the
illusion of 3D. Also, some outgrowth of DLP technology might be used
to control that reflectivity. Between the two, they will eventually
succeed in doing this, and after that, with a wide viewing angle. This
will be dealing with layers possibly closer together than the
wavelength of light. The thickness of the unit will probably be only a
few inches, but the apparent depth can be much greater as they can
bounce the light around maybe hundreds of thousands of times.

I also belive that eventually someone will eliminate speakers as we
know them. They will abandon the idea of a voice coil motor, even
current other technologies such as electrostatic and piezoelectric.
With the use of some type of field, they will convert the electricity
directly to air movement, without limitations due to cone size or
mass.

Of course then again there might be no technology fifty years from now
if they don't stop starting these wars and ****.

JURB