Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default refrigerant efficiency

Gerald Miller fired this volley in
:
But have you ever been near a leaking SO2 system?

Ayupp! When I was 13, I made a "Globe Refrigerator" from copper, SO2,
and silica gel.

You heated the "condensor" (absorber) in a fire while cooling the
evaporator in a bucket of water.

Then you placed the evap in the ice chest/cooler/cabinet, and put the
absorber in a bucket of cool water, and let the SO2 slowly boil out of
the evap.

It would cool for five or six hours on a "charge".

SEVERAL leaks manifest themselves during the first cycle of assembly,
charging, uncharging, and leak-fixing. G

LLoyd