Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davy Davy is offline

Default Pendulum Jigsaw Problem

About 18 months ago I bought a Titan (Screwfix) SFJ750XP jigsaw but have
hardly used it. Today I am trying to cut some 50mm Xtratherm (aluminium foil
faced expanded polystyrene) using a Bosch serrated blade.
But the jigsaw seems to have two design problems:
- even with the pendulum action switched off the blade holder can still rock
backwards and forwards
- the pendulum guide wheel only loosely encloses the blade
Consequently the blade keeps jumping out of the pendulum wheel guide groove
and bends to a position about a cm to the side of the guide groove.
Everytime this happens the cut moves over about a cm and is not
perpendicular to the surface. The jigsaw is unusable.
Is this a general problem with pendulum jigsaws - or just Titan? If you have
a pendulum jigsaw can you please check if the blade holder is able to move
backwards and forwards even with the pendulum action switched off?

thanks, Davy