Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default TOILET QUESTION

"Oren" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 11:29:54 -0400,
(.-.MINDY.-.) wrote:

also the water in the filled bowl shakes.
What I want to know is... is what is occuring using water?

Yes! The flapper in not sealing to the seat; thus, the tank never
finishes filling and will run....using water.

I found mine doing this in the middle of the night one time. Moving
water in the bowl and a feeble attempt of the valve to shut off. Only
a slight leak past the flapper.

For the moment I lifted the flapper and wiped away or cleaned the
bottom of the flapper and seat. I expected the have to replace the
flapper the next day. It seems to have only been only some crud on the
flapper bottom.

It's one of those thing you should have a spare for.

Bob