Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default TOILET QUESTION

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 11:29:54 -0400,
(.-.MINDY.-.) wrote:

also the water in the filled bowl shakes.
What I want to know is... is what is occuring using water?

Yes! The flapper in not sealing to the seat; thus, the tank never
finishes filling and will run....using water.

I found mine doing this in the middle of the night one time. Moving
water in the bowl and a feeble attempt of the valve to shut off. Only
a slight leak past the flapper.

For the moment I lifted the flapper and wiped away or cleaned the
bottom of the flapper and seat. I expected the have to replace the
flapper the next day. It seems to have only been only some crud on the
flapper bottom.

--
Oren

"I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."