Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Very hot hot zenerdiode in NAD T762

Eeyore wrote:

Arfa Daily wrote:

"Jamie" t wrote

Well,
I have a theory..
If the Zener is in fact in series with the feed to the 7812
from the 22 volt source? May I suggest that maybe 22 volts isn't
the real voltage it should be? If this is the case, it would place
the zener in a high resistive state and it will get hot!..
The reason say this is because the 7812 (last time I checked) can
handle around 36 volts.
Since your Zener is 5.1 volts, that leaves 2 things in conclusion.

#1.
It really isn't being used in Series but in parallel with a feeder
resistor to be used as a reference! In which case, the feeder as reduced
in size of the load from the circuit has been removed!.

The 5.1 volt zener was picked to bring the Vcc source voltage down
a bit with in the safe operating range.

I would be willing to bet that it's suppose to be more than 22 volts.

Well I must say, Jamie, I am having some difficulty following those lines of
reasoning.

The guy is totally clueless about hardware design.

Graham

Get a life asshole.

I most likely knew 10 times your current knowledge before I turned
the age of 18 and left home, where I took up work designing circuits
that you could have used once your self at one time or another.

Worked with an engineering group that placed many of my designs into
production of various things. That was the good old days, the
chinese market killed..

I now work mostly doing industrial designs, upgrades, special
OEM Uc boards etc. Also did some free lance work with Semco
" A capacitor manufacture" designing new automative equipment
in assembling mica chip capacitors using robotics assemblers
that was all done in computer software.

I don't why i'm wasting my time telling you this, it's so far
beyond you it isn't funny.

I've watched you here foaming at the mouth. You must be one the
most arrogant British trash I have ever seen..

Take about some one clue less. You fit the bill.

btw, any more of your solders making mistakes over there and
trying to past the buck along to us?. It seems to be a traditional
past time! if you're an example.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5