Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Very hot hot zener diode in NAD T762

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 12:45:34 GMT, Tim Schwartz
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Peter (and others who have replied),

Unfortunately, some of these diodes do run hot. D716 is also doing the
same thing as D718 in the T762 for a different 12V regulator, so I'd see
how hot that diode (D716) is getting. Of course if the current load is
different on the regulator, the temperature may be different as well. I
don't have a T762 here to look at right now.

Why not replace the single 5V1 zener with two series 2V7 zeners? Or
add a resistor in parallel with the zener?

- Franc Zabkar