Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield Harry Bloomfield is offline

Default Plumbing outflow of washing machine into external drains

Ben R wrote :
Hi

I've recently plumbed a new washing machine into the garage and need
to run the outflow pipe through the garage wall foundations, into a
trench, then run it along for about three feet before connecting it
into the the drain where one of the downpipes flows from the guttering
in the house.

Strictly speaking that part needs to be properly done. Hole through
wall, then a short pipe discharging into a proper gully.

My problem is that I'm not sure how I can drill a core
into the concrete gully to fit the outflow pipe without cracking the
gully.

The above gully needs to then go to a manhole.

I'm also not too sure how to get though the garage wall.

SDS drill plus a suitably sized core drill. Lidl had some core drills
and an SDS drill on offer last week at a good price. It would make
light work of such a hole.

Cheers

Ben

--