Posted to alt.home.repair
beecrofter[_2_] beecrofter[_2_] is offline

Default TOILET QUESTION

On Aug 30, 11:29 am, (.-.MINDY.-.) wrote:
Hi- I am a lurker here. The flapper in the toilet tank operates properly
when flushed by going up... but when it goes back to place it goes on
its side as it is filling. I reached in to straighten it while the tank
fills completely.... but I still hear a sound.. which is like the ending
sound of the tank filling... & also the water in the filled bowl shakes.
What I want to know is... is what is occuring using water? That I will
see an increase in my water bill? Is it do to the flapper not being in
the proper position? Thanks so much for any info you can give me.
.Mindy

Buy a new flapper, it soundls like one ear is not attached, these
things are wear items and cheap. Turn the water supply off to the
toilet and bring the old flapper to the hardware store or borg and get
an exact match. Under 10 bucks