Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Mains smoke alarms

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 10:37:22 +0100 someone who may be The Natural
Philosopher wrote this:-

The number of storeys has nothing to do with this, no matter how
many assertions the authors make without quoting supporting
evidence.

It has a lot to do with it.

Incorrect.

The theory behind interlinked mains smoke detectors is that if an alarm
goes off on the ground floor, you will hear an alarm near where you are,
fumbling around on the 3rd floor, and get out before the fire cuts you off.

Battery-operated interlinked smoke alarms do this just as well.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh