Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner Tom Gardner is offline

Default Saw blades

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
news:lFsBi.1413$9T5.789@trndny02...
Also crossposted to rec.woodworking

Installing Hardie Plank siding. (Fiber cement combination) Manufacture
states that I should use a special blade. Went to Home Depot, and yes,
they make a special blade. It is simply a carbide tooth blade with with a
total of 6 teeth. 7-1/4 inch diameter.

Can somebody explaing why a six tooth carbide blade would cut any better
than, say, a 24 or 40 tooth blade that I use for lumber? I don't
understand the physics.

Thanks,

Ivan Vegvary

The 6 tooth will have a more controlled feed cut and run much cooler. I
don't know what grade the carbide is or tooth style or kerf set. There are
a lot of variable in play and you shouldn't have to do the homework over
again. Use the recommended blade.