Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
[email protected] lovethoseyankees@gmail.com is offline

Default Repairing/sealing a very small hole in granite countertop?

On Aug 10, 6:11 am, hobbes wrote:
On Aug 10, 3:38 am, RPS wrote:

We noticed our kitchen's granite countertop has a very small (grain
size) chip/dent in it. Besides looks, I am afraid it may get larger.

What would be the best way to deal with it? Ignore? Try to seal it, and
if so with what? Thanks.

Hi,

Go to a marble and rock place where you get kitchen counter tops. They
have fillers that color match and can help you out. We had a similar
issue in that when they fitted one counter top there was a 3 milimeter
gap between the granite and the tile on one edge of the counter. The
gap was also only about 2 cm in length. They fixed it by slipping in
this filler compound. Not sure what it is but it looks pretty good and
unless you look like from 4 inches away you will never notice it.

Best, Mike.

Mike, You seem to know about this experience I am hoping for some
advice, My granite counter top of two years cracked from the edge to
the "cut hole" where the drop in stove top was placed, it is a little
over 2 inched long and all the way through top to bottom, they said
they could come and "fix" it so that it looked ok, the crack will
always be there, to the tune of $250 buck. YIKES Any thoughts?
Thanks, sam