Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob M. Bob M. is offline

Default Winterizing a house

"Buddy Matlosz" wrote in message
My elderly aunt passed away recently, leaving behind a small 2BR ranch in
retirement community. The lawyer handling her affairs has asked me to
prepare the house for the winter since there's no sure way of telling how
long it will take to sell.

Turn off the water, gas & the main circuit breaker. After you turn off the
water -don't- flush the toilets unless you want stinky sewer gas in the
house. Just open the faucets and let the water out. I don't think it's
necessary to blow air through all the water lines; if there is air in them
and the water freezes, it will have some place to expand in without breaking
the pipe.