Posted to sci.electronics.repair
cheebster cheebster is offline

Default Sony KV-35V45 CRT Short, i'm clueless now..

On 29 août, 19:57, b wrote:
On 29 ago, 08:16, cheebster wrote:

On a side note, anyone knows how are Sanyo TV's ? Some local dude
wants 30$ for a 32'' Sanyo TV, only having the coax input to be
resoldered. I wonder how Sanyo tubes hold against the latest POS
sony's ?

Thanks, Vincent.

On 26 août, 23:47, "James Sweet" wrote:

"JANA" wrote in message

I would not go near an old set like that even if I got it for free! Over
here with our new pollution and environment laws, it can cost $100+ to get
rid of an old TV set! If you buy it, you will be doing the man a favour.
The $100 can be a nice deposit for a discent LCD TV that comes with a
warranty, and it will give you a number of years of good service and
enjoyment!

Over where? It's 15 bucks to dispose of an old TV here, some of us still
prefer a good CRT over an LCD TV, I'd take a 27" Sony over any standard def
flat panel.

I recently acquired a Sanyo CE29FFV1 tv (chassis 2114 eb5-c). I was
contacted by a lady who said that another tech had said the tube was
duff on their 28" Sanyo and since I was a local tech, would I like it
free, for parts? I called round, and was expecting some knackered old
thing, lo and behold its a pureflat screen, very recent model. They
had the contrast and sharpness set wrongly and changing that was all
that was required. I think it was just an excuse to get a new plasma
set or something, as I fail to see why else anyone would toss a set
that good.

that sanyo has been in my lounge for about a month now giving
absolutely no probs and a nice sharp pic. ;-)

for it. The sanyo's I have had in for repair made within the last 9 or
so years have been pretty good sets. I hated their early-mid 90s stuff
though.

-B.

Hi there. Thanks for the input. I picked it up tonight, 30$. Set is a
sanyo AVM-3156U. It looks much cheaper than the sony inside, smaller
boards, less components and such. Problem was the composite input
grounds were floating around, cracked solder there. 4 points to fix,
tv works now.

I'm just wondering if that small speaker there gives some kinda sound.
Maybe i could take the speakers off the sony one and put 'em in that
one hehe

Oh well. Thanks, Vincent.