Posted to uk.d-i-y
clot clot is offline

Default Green copper pipe rot.

Frank Erskine wrote:
On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 23:24:33 GMT, "clot" wrote:

Frank Erskine wrote:
On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 22:37:26 +0100, Rod
wrote:

Standard punishment at school was to scrub the copper pipes along
the tops of the urinals, and elsewhere in the changing rooms. We
used standard powder scourer (Vim or Ajax type - but actually
no-name janitorial stuff) and an ordinary bristle scrubbing brush,
or even a nail brush.

Sheesh - what did you do to deserve that?

Apart from regular canings, our worst punishment was 'detention' by
Doc "Felix" Watson (English language and RI), who invited you to his
detention if it was convenient (i.e. you had no after-school clubs
or suchlike that afternoon), when he allowed you to do whatever
homework you had, dished out sweets (fruit gums) and milk, and let
you go home virtually when you wanted.

And that was in the early 1960s.

He was a total nutter.

Hmm! Is that when the trouble started with kids today?

He was useless at caning - I don't know if it was intentional, but
he'd hold your wrist out and miss with the cane numerous times (his
gown flowing all over the place), then when he was exhausted he'd just
tap your fingers with the stick...

He also ran an antique shop in his spare time, which just about says
it all.

Hmm again! That could be about the time (and reason) the rot set in!