Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Green copper pipe rot.

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 22:37:26 +0100, Rod
wrote:

Standard punishment at school was to scrub the copper pipes along the
tops of the urinals, and elsewhere in the changing rooms. We used
standard powder scourer (Vim or Ajax type - but actually no-name
janitorial stuff) and an ordinary bristle scrubbing brush, or even a
nail brush.

Sheesh - what did you do to deserve that?

Apart from regular canings, our worst punishment was 'detention' by
Doc "Felix" Watson (English language and RI), who invited you to his
detention if it was convenient (i.e. you had no after-school clubs or
suchlike that afternoon), when he allowed you to do whatever homework
you had, dished out sweets (fruit gums) and milk, and let you go home
virtually when you wanted.

And that was in the early 1960s.

He was a total nutter.

--