Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden raden is offline

Default fuse blowing next to central heating clock - part two

In message .com, Chas
writes
On 29 Aug, 21:05, raden wrote:
In message .com,
writesI mentioned yesterday that my 3A fuse
kept blowing, knocking out my
central heating. After looking at it a bit more closely yesterday the
central heating clock stayed on for hours while the heating was
switched off. When I switched the heating on it worked for about an
hour before the fuse blows again. The radiators warmed up and I got
some hot water.

Is this a sign that everything is working mechanically but something
is overheating over that 1/2 hour - hour?

I'm starting to think the pump must be it so I guess I should get a
leccy around to check it out

Be aware that to work on a boiler FOR FINANCIAL GAIN, one must be CORGI
registered

--
geoff

Think you should get information correct before posting.
Read: Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998
Regulation 2 (6) (c)

Err ...

I was presenting the point in an "in your face" simple manner after he
said about getting a sparky in - I thought it worth pointing out in the
context of his post

Would you like to point out exactly what was wrong in principle with my
reply ?

And how is checking out a pump (which could be in a different part of
the building from the boiler) got anything to do with being corgi
registered?

**** knows you tosser, where did I say it did ?

--
geoff