Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Green copper pipe rot.

R D S wrote:
Hi,

I have ripped out my kitchen and the copper pipes in places have a green
powdery covering which I assume is some sort of oxidisation.

Should I clean this off and if so what with?

Standard punishment at school was to scrub the copper pipes along the
tops of the urinals, and elsewhere in the changing rooms. We used
standard powder scourer (Vim or Ajax type - but actually no-name
janitorial stuff) and an ordinary bristle scrubbing brush, or even a
nail brush. The pipes used to look pretty good - for a while.

--
Rod