Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill Bushnell Bill Bushnell is offline

Default Any good tankless water heaters?

Folks:

I've got a 15-year-old 50-gal. water heater that I'm thinking of replacing. The
water heater currently sits in its own outdoor closet attached to the rear of the
house. The closet measures 100x26x30 (HxWxD, in inches). I'm also planning to
add a water softening system that I'd like to put in the closet, but I can't put
anything else in this closet with a 50 gal. water heater. I believe a tankless
water heater would free up enough space in the closet to include the softener.

Are there any good tankless water heaters on the market today? I've read mixed
reviews of the Bosch models on eopinions.com. Failing that are there any small
tanked water heaters, =30 gal., designed to fit into a tight space?

Thanks.

--
Bill Bushnell
http://pobox.com/~bushnell/